March 5, 2014

spotlight: urban barn room planner

My friends, I present to you the most magnificent of house websites. That's right: the famed Urban Barn Room Planner!

Being the amateur graphic novelist person that I am, and having absolutely zero abilities in the fields of architecture and background drawing, this room planner thingummy has been unbelievably helpful.

Even though I still suck at architecture and drawing backgrounds, now I have a nice blueprint to work from and so I'm more consistent.

This top room plan is one I made myself using measurements from an actual row house blueprint. It's the upstairs of the house that three of my main graphic novel characters live in. Prior to making this beautiful blueprint, every single time I drew a background in this house the furniture was in a different spot. The only reason was that I couldn't remember where the furniture was actually supposed to go.

The bottom room plan is for another one of the main character's houses; he lives in an apartment, the measurements for which came preprogrammed into the Make Room thing. (YEAH)
I will admit that this thing takes a little bit of time to figure out, and I have not entirely mastered it yet.

To use it for yourself, click the LINK I REALLY HELPFULLY PROVIDED and then click the "enter room planner" button.

YEEEAHHH!

No comments:

Post a Comment