February 20, 2014

why you should not take advice from me


In Roman History class, I have an exam every two weeks which includes, among other things, writing a five paragraph essay from memory. This week, I had to write about the growth of Rome, especially through the Samnite Wars and the First Punic War. 

I very nearly accidentally submitted this mess:

no tyrants for these dudes. Right from the founding of the Republic in whatever year the Republic was founded in, Rome was determined to follow its vows to have no king and no tyrant. It would be the best little city state in the universe. Yeah, and the only little city-state, too.

growing outward with their latin leauge (so called because they hung with these peeps called the Latins) and garrison cities. they began absorbing outher little places and offering them nice shiny citizenships if they'd cooperate. (yay)

really good at making changes in battle that would help them out later-- that raven was a good idea, but then again so were the whole "standing army" and "navy" and "judges" things. they learned from their enemy. Via Appia was wicked awesome (it was build by this dude Appius who was really good at stuff and named a lot of things after himself). praetors to govern other places became a thing.

plebians/patrician changes and how that affected junk. things didn't have to be ratified the senate anymore thanks to our homeboy Gaius Flam. 

end.

As you can probably see with your own eyes, this is not exactly a twelve point earning essay. 

This is pretty much how I plot my novels. If you could read my novel outlines, they read like this.

Good lands, I am super glad I realized my mistake before turning this in.


No comments:

Post a Comment